Friday, June 5, 2009
2 cups rice
yam (cut into cubes size)
Chinese dried mushroom (cut into thin strips)
1 cube chicken stock
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp thick soya sauce
1 1/2 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
dash of salt and white pepper
1. Fry the yam until golden brown then drain well and set aside.
2. Saute the shallots until golden brown. Leave aside.
3. Saute garlic until fragrant.
4. Add in dried shrimp and stir fry until aromatic.
5. Add in Chinese dried mushroom.
6. Put in pork and stir fry until cooked.
7. Add rice and sauce. Mix well thoroughly.
8. Pour the rice mixture in the rice cooker. Then add water and chicken cube and cook the rice as usual.
9. Once rice starts to boil, add in pre-fried yam.
10. Garnish with chopped spring onion and fried shallot before serving.