Thursday, May 21, 2009
chicken breast (cooked and then shredded)
ginger (sliced thinly)
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
spring onion (finely slice)
broth (anchovies + chicken stock)
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
salt, white pepper to taste
1. Cook the broth with anchovies and chicken stock. Add in chicken breast and allow to cook until just done. Set aside to cool. Shred the meat with finger tips.
2. Fry the tiny anchovies until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Saute chopped garlic until golden brown . Set aside.
4. Put the rice in rice cooker. Add in broth. Bring it to boil. Check and stir occasionally.
5. Once the grains start breaking, add in ginger slices.
6. Once the porridge is cooked, stir in shredded chicken, and cook for about 5 minutes.
7. Add in seasoning, fried garlic, fried tiny anchovies and spring onion. Stir to mix well.
8. Serve hot.