Saturday, May 23, 2009
shallots (sliced thinly and fry until crispy)
peanut sugar (crushed peanut + sugar)
sweet chilli sauce (chopped chilli padi + sugar + water)
turnip (sengkuang) (shredded)
dried shrimp (chopped)
4 cloves garlic
pork (sliced thinly)
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tsp dark soya sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
salt,sugar to taste
french bean (sliced thinly)
prawns (cut into small cube size)
1/2 tsp oyster sauce
salt to taste
4 eggs (beaten)
salt, white and black pepper to taste
bean curd (cut into fine slivers)
bean sprout (tailed and blanched)
cucumber (cut into fine slivers)
1. Saute garlic and dried shrimp until fragrant.
2. Add in pork, stir fry until cooked.
3. Put in turnip and carrot.
4. Add in seasoning A and cook until turnip turn limp.
1. Stir fry prawn and french bean.
2. Add seasoning to taste.
1. Fry the eggs and then let it cool. Cut into thin shreds.
1. Deep fry the bean curd slivers.
1. Spread 1 tsp sweet sauce, 1 tsp chilli sauce in the center of the popiah skin.
2. Place a piece of lettuce on top of the sauces.
3. Place Filling A on top of the lettuce after squeezing out the excess gravy.
4. Then top with filling B, C, D, E, F and fried shallots.
5. Sprinkle some peanut sugar, sweet chilli sauce and coriander leaves.
6. Fold the sides, tuck in firmly and then roll up tightly.