Thursday, May 28, 2009
1 Mak Nyonya rendang sauce
6 shallots or 1 onion (chopped)
2 stalks lemon grass
200ml coconut milk
100g kerisik (fried desiccated coconut)
1. Saute chopped shallots until fragrant. Then add in lemon grass and red chilli.
2. Add in Mak Nyonya rendang sauce. Stir fry over small fire until aromatic.
3. Add in chicken and stir fry until cooked.
4. Pour in water and coconut milk. Stir to mix well. Cook until gravy turns thick.
5. Add kerisik and mix well. Cook until chicken is tender.
6. Add salt to taste.