Thursday, September 23, 2010
cooked rice (4 servings)
1 broccoli (cut into bite-sized pieces)
4 leaves Napa cabbage (cut into bite-sized pieces)
4 black fungus (soaked in water)
4 dried mushroom (soaked in water)
1/2 carrot (sliced thinly)
8 prawns (half-shelled)
1 squid (cut into bite-sized pieces)
5 cloves garlic (sliced thinly)
5 slices ginger (sliced thinly)
1 egg (beaten)
2 tbsp cornflour
1 litre water
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tsp chicken stock
1 tsp sesame oil
pinch of white pepper, salt
1. Heat up oil in wok. Saute ginger and garlic until aromatic.
2. Add in mushroom and stir fry until fragrant.
3. Add in prawns and squid. Stir fry until almost cooked.
4. Add in carrot, black fungus and Napa cabbage.
5. Pour in water and bring to boil.
6. Add in broccoli and seasoning and pour in beaten eggs slowly into the soup.
7. Pour in cornflour mixture and let it simmer to thicken the gravy.
8. Pour the gravy over the rice and serve immediately.