Wednesday, September 2, 2009
1/2 cup petai (skinned and split)
10 prawns (half shelled)
1/2 cup anchovies (rinse and dry)
10g dried shrimp (chopped)
2 onions (sliced finely)
5 shallots (sliced finely)
3 cloves garlic (sliced finely)
70g chilli paste (Puteri Cili Giling)
red chilli padi (if you like it hot and spicy)
1/2 tbsp tamarind paste (mix with 150ml warm water)
1. Fry the anchovies until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Saute onion, shallots and garlic until fragrant.
3. Add in chopped dried shrimp. Continue stirring until aromatic.
4. Add in chilli paste. Keep stirring for 1 minutes.
5. Put in prawn. Cook until half-cooked.
6. Put in Petai. Stir to mix well with other ingredients.
7. Pour in tamarind juice and simmer until the gravy becomes thick.
8. Put in fried anchovies and stir-fry briskly.
9. Season with salt and sugar.
10. Serve hot with rice.