Wednesday, September 23, 2009
1/2 chicken (cut into pieces)
4cm ginger (sliced thinly)
6 cloves garlic (sliced thinly)
1 stalk spring onion (cut into 3cm length)
4-5 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp thick soya sauce
3 tbsp Shao Xing wine
3 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
dash of salt
2 tsp cornflour
1. Heat up 4-5 tbsp sesame oil, saute ginger and garlic until fragrant.
2. Put in chicken. Stir-fry until half-cooked.
3. Add in light soya sauce, thick soya sauce and oyster sauce. Continue stirring to mix well.
4. Add in water. Cook over high flame for 15-20 minutes.
5. Add in Shao Xing wine. Let it simmer for another 20 minutes.
6. Add in cornflour mixed with water to thicken the gravy. Season with dash of salt.
7. Put in spring onion and make a few quick stirs before serving.