Monday, March 29, 2010
1 bowl mui choy (soaked and chopped)
1/2 bowl pork belly (cut into bite-sized pieces)
1/2 cup peanut (soaked)
8 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp light soya sauce
2 tbsp dark soya sauce
dash of salt
1. Soak mui choy in water for 30 minutes. Wash away any salt and sand. Drain and squeeze out any remaining water, then chop to small pieces.
2. Marinate pork belly for 15 minutes.
3. Saute garlic until fragrant.
4. Put in marinated pork belly. Continue stirring until pork belly is cooked.
5. Stir in mui choy and peanut. Keep stirring for 1-2 minutes.
6. Pour in water and bring to boil.
7. Season with 1 tbsp light soya sauce and 1 tbsp dark soya sauce.
8. Simmer over medium heat for 1 hour or until pork belly and peanut are soft and gender.
9. Taste with salt. Turn off the stove and let stand for another 20-30 minutes.
10. Serve with steamed rice.